Lent is a season when we as the body of Christ collectively and intimately reorient ourselves around the life and love, purpose and passion of Jesus Christ, culminating in His sacrificial death and – mystery of mysteries – His ultimate resurrection. Lent is a time of repentance, fasting and preparation for the coming of Easter. It is a time of self-examination and reflection. As Lent draws to a close during Holy Week, we remember Jesus’ death on a cross for us. Then on Easter Sunday, we celebrate the resurrection, that Jesus is alive. A full schedule of our Lenten services is below.
- February 26 – April 5 : Kids Can For Christ, our Fountain Kids ministry’s annual Lenten mission will be collecting canned goods until Palm Sunday for the Fountain City Ministry Center. We are asking each person (or family) to collect 40 food items during Lent for donation. Our goal is to collect one month’s supply of food. A cart will be available outside of the gym on Sunday mornings for The Journey drop off and a table will be in the Narthex for Traditional drop off. Thank you for supporting Fountain Kids Ministry as our children learn service to their community in this project.
Lenten DevotionsDaily Lenten Devotions with scripture readings, reflections, and prayers are now available. Please pick up your copy in the Narthex or on the cart outside the Gym until they are gone. Click here for a digital copy. Thanks!
- April 5 : Palm Sunday services at 8:30am (Traditional) and 11:00am (Traditional and The Journey Contemporary Worship) as we celebrate Jesus’ triumphant entrance into Jerusalem, the shadow of the cross looming over Him as He gathers in the praises of “Hosanna!”
- April 9 : Maundy Thursday service begins at 7:30pm. We will partake in Communion, remembering the Last Supper of Jesus with His disciples.
- April 10 : Good Friday Tenebrae service at 7:30pm as we settle into the gathering darkness of a world without Jesus Christ, considering the price He paid for our sins.
- April 12 : Easter Sunday! Join us for one of our Sunday morning services at 8:30am (Traditional) and 11:00am (Traditional and The Journey Contemporary Worship) as we celebrate and rejoice in an empty tomb, a resurrected Jesus, a living God!