Thursday, June 25, 2020
Dear Fountain City UMC Family,
Thank you for your faithfulness to Christ and His church. As we have experienced over the last several months, how we worship is changing. The online worship that we have relied on is here to stay, and it is our joy to announce that we begin our first phase of in-person worship on Sunday, July 5. We want you to know some of the main points of what to expect as we move forward faithfully and safely.
If you are at a higher risk because of age or medical conditions, please consider continuing to worship with us online. It is your choice to worship in-person. In order to be as prepared as possible, please let us know if you are coming to in-person worship by registering each week on this website or calling 865-689-5175. Registration will begin at 8:30am on Monday, June 29.
Beginning Sunday, July 5
Sunday Worship Services In-Person & Online (no childcare):
8:30am Traditional & 11:00am The Journey
Tuesday Celebrate Recovery Worship Service, In-Person & Online:
6:30pm (no meal/groups/childcare)
Wednesday Personal Prayer & Meditation In-Person:
Sanctuary open 10am-12pm (beginning July 15)
- Sanctuary & Gym – We will have smaller and shorter worship services to observe social distancing guidelines. Please arrive 20-30 minutes early to be seated by an usher.
- Limited entrances – Canopy tents will be used to identify the 3 entrances for Sunday mornings.
- Door #2 – Welcome Center Entrance (Hotel Rd)
- Door #4 – Gym Entrance (Gym Parking Lot)
- Door #5 – Kitchen/Preschool Entrance (Fountain Rd)
- Be prepared to have your temperature taken by a non-contact thermometer and answer health screening questions. If you are not feeling well, even if you have pre-registered, please stay home.
- Please wear a mask or facial covering, as they are required. Masks will be available for those without one.
- No congregational singing at this time.
- No food or drink at this time.
- Ushers will seat your household together and dismiss your household after services.
Church Office staff will continue working remotely in July during these hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-5:00pm; Friday, 8:30am-12:00pm
In the rare case that you must come to the church building, schedule an appointment with the individual staff member. All visitors to the building will be screened.
We hope to progress into future phases depending upon Holston Conference protocols and local health department guidelines. Our FCUMC Safety Team and Staff will continue to evaluate and give direction along the way. You can best stay informed by visiting this website and our Facebook page regularly.
Thank you for your faithfulness and your willingness to live into these current protocols. May
God be honored as we return to worship together in-person.
Tom T. Ballard, Jr. Kristen Burkhart Seth Charles
Senior Pastor Associate Pastor Celebrate Recovery